St. Mary’s Sewanee
770 St. Mary's Lane
Sewanee, TN 37375
St. Mary’s Sewanee is pleased to announce a new program – an 18-month series of retreats that begin in March 2017 entitled, “The Soul of Leadership.” We are partnering with the Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation to offer this program to organizational leaders that will guide them on a journey of transformation as they learn to integrate leadership skills and contemplative practices into their lives. Leaders are empowered to be more effective professionally as they experience inner renewal and clarity of vision. Shalem currently offers this program in Boston, MA and Birmingham, England, and now is making it available through St. Mary’s Sewanee to the southeastern US.
Leaders today face difficult challenges that often leave them feeling depleted. “The Soul of Leadership” is designed to restore and energize participants, helping them become more effective in their leadership situations. Through residencies and at-home activities, both individually and in community, leaders will:
• Learn strategies to address leadership challenges
• Engage in contemplative practices
• Master skills to strengthen their organizations
• Increase personal well-being and wholeness
The program consists of four residential experiences at St. Mary’s Sewanee:
• March 27 - 30, 2017 – “21st-century Contemplative Leadership”
• October 23 - 26, 2017 – “The 7 R’s of Sanctuary”
• April 16-19, 2018 – “Leading Effective Change”
• October 15-18, 2018 – “Putting It All Together”
The leaders of the program are Margaret Benefiel, Ph.D., the Executive Director of the Shalem Institute and the Rev. Susan Cox, who is both a psychotherapist (LCSW) and an ordained minister of the Reformed Church in America.
For more specific information, please visit our website here.
RSVP by February 27, 2017
Call 931-598-5342 for more information.