Choir members and their directors and organists from around the Diocese are cordially invited to join a Festival Choir for Presiding Bishop Michael Curry at the National Vergers’ Guild Conference.
We invite you to purchase and bring socks for the homeless to this service. These will be presented at the altar during the service and then given to Crossroads Community Ministries which serves those who experience homelessness on the streets of Atlanta.
- Festival Eucharist
- Friday, October 13 at Noon
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. See map.
- (Complimentary parking at the church)
- Click here to view the flyer for more information
- Malcolm Boyle, Thou, O God, Art Praised in Sion (Paraclete Press)
- Dale Adelmann, Steal Away to Jesus (Paraclete Press)
- Arlan Sunnarborg, Shalom, Salaam, Peace Be with you (Unpublished, score attached)
- Service Music from Lift Every Voice and Sing
- Hymns from The Hymnal 1982, Lift Every Voice and Sing, and Wonder, Love, and Praise
- Click here for PDF of the score to Shalom, Salaam, Peace Be with you.
- Click here for video.
• Some previous choral experience
• The ability to match pitch
• The ability to read music (I.e. to find your own part in a mixed rehearsal)
Must attend at least one of the first two rehearsals and the Friday rehearsal:
Tuesday, October 10, 7:30-9 p.m.
Wednesday, October 11, 7:30-9 p.m.
Friday, October 13, 10-11:30 a.m.
Wear the vestments you customarily wear on Sunday morning in your own church or cathedral. Those who do not customarily wear vestments, please wear a black or white shirt or blouse, black skirt or pants.
If you are interested in being a part of this choir, please let us know.